Follow me!

Want to know when something crazy happens in my house? Like me on FaceBook to get updates!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DadsOfSpecialNeeds?fref=ts

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Homework

School has started again...oh joy. Three weeks in, and this is not going well. I love my son, love my son's school, but if this is how much homework he has now in third grade, I loathe to imagine how much homework he will have by the time he is high school. It isn't even the homework so much as the struggle to get him to do it. I honestly think that he would rather have bamboo slivers shoved under his finger nails. Last night it took a solid three hours to get through all of his assignments. That is, of course, if you count the intermittent meltdowns and weeping. God bless my wife. I have infinite patience when it comes to my children on almost everything...scraped knees, broken toys, meltdowns...everything that is except for homework. But my wife has endless patience and is able to work with him through all of the tears and struggles to help him make it. Not really sure where I would be without her.


No comments:

Post a Comment